Monday, May 22, 2006

Morning Prayer: My Small Life

Lord I live a small life, with little risk. I feel like I live like the world. Work during the day, TV at night and leisure on the weekend. Where is the risk. Where is the satisfaction in you. If I find my joy in you shouldn't that change the way that I live. Shouldn't that make me less like the world and more like Jesus. Let me redeem my time. Help me overcome my laziness, my small spiritual appetite.

God please give me victory of sin and flesh. Keep me from sin today.

Father magnify yourself to me today. Let me gaze upon your beauty. Let today not be just another day in a long string of days. Let today be a day that I spend with the God of this universe, in sweet fellowship and communion.

Father raise up godly men in this church. Bring us some shepherds who know and love your word. Who are strong in prayer. Who seek the salvation of the lost. Allow me to long for salvation of this community. Let me be a cause for change here. Let lives be changed, let your elect be called and nurture here at DBBC. Father I ask that you would radically save an adult this year through our ministry. I pray that it would be the start of something of a great movement by you. Father save Bob H, Larry S, Jeff C, Beaux. Let it be wonderful and amazing.

Work in this community Father. Revitalized it. Give it new life. Let this be a place where the young will be willing to live. Bring young families to our church Lord.

Bless our VBS father. Perhaps that may be a way to impact our community. That whole families will be saved.

Guide my sermon prep father, may it be truthful and glorifying to you. May lives be changed through your work. May walls be broken down. May you do your work in the lives of the church.

Be glorified through me today Lord,

Your Beloved son

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home